10.29.2014

Correspondences: 10/24/14


Dear A.R.

"What will we do about all of this feeling?
this incessant self-awareness that
leaves us so terribly exposed
what is the meaning of it, what purpose could it possibly serve?

to know is better than to not know
honesty is, objectively, the best policy
Alonestly
but still, the question remains
What Will We Do About All of this Feeling?
and does it sound like an album title? Perhaps just a single. A cassette.

I know you feel like I do sometimes
drowning in simulation data
and all of that feeling
(not the one, but the many
"feelings" like a soulful hum)

all of that feeling is a dull signal-roar
that you can't make sense of
except that it feels

So what will we do with all of this feeling?
can we filter it
and make sense of the noise?"

Your thoughts
if you will
write soon

E.B
















1 comment:

  1. [Correspondences: 11/3/14]

    E.B.,

    "How your poetry runs
    as an undammed river
    while I still speak the stone's

    song, the hollow melody,
    that empty rumble, watching
    as your cloven foot stops, then
    goes, then stops

    again. You are an entire
    species, simultaneously
    singular and plural. I watch
    with envy, count your syllables,
    then — quick, you're

    gone.

    When was it I saw you last?
    Or, more important, how? In
    a landscape painting, distinct
    among the brush strokes? Quiet
    among the hurried horse-hair grass?

    Or in a cloud of smoke,
    your vestige climbing
    quickly, effortlessly above
    the city, getting lost in the
    indifferent geometries of the clouds?"

    (This answers nothing,
    but prefaces all words I've
    ever spoken and will
    ever speak to you.)

    With great love,
    A.R.

    ReplyDelete