9.27.2007

A brief reflection, brought about by (and referring to) a kiss

people often say that "it's the little things" I
tiny variations think
the wings of a butterfly I'm
those of us that casually ride the waves of such chaos falling
and those who merely dismiss it in
you hold me silently and look me in the eyes love
and I am always puzzled with
and I am always asking you a green eyed muse
of your motives, of your thoughts, of what you mean by the squint of your eyes
the pursing of lips
the movement of limbs
the touch of fingers, of hands
soft somethings and loud nothings
spoken and shouted and typed and texted

but now I am staring at you in the square
and I'm far away
and so are you
we're together underneath the largest comforter on record
sleeping and laughing and joking and relaxing
we're not worried about anything
stress, mourning, social awkwardness, fear, nerves and frustrations
none of this hits us, nothing can touch us
here, holed up in a fortress of pillows and blankets
protected by passion and childlike laughter
we are more like ourselves than we care to admit

I am trying to write something that will describe what it feels like when we kiss
like something is happening somewhere
like that something is big, important
and it comes from all around me
like the moment you leap into a cold pool
but that isn't it at all
I feel like I am looking at your green eyes through the cleanest glass I can imagine
but It is still glass
and I am still only looking

I could sit on a bench in a park by a fountain
and tell you how i feel
tell you that i can't describe what you mean in words
that writing you poetry is a waste of time
that I have never met someone more beautiful
tell you that I struggle with understanding what you mean to me
and only know that you are important



or




I could kiss you

and hope that you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment