4.03.2008

Looking In

I am sitting on a windowsill
in a room in a house
watching myself get into bed
and stare off, hoping someone sees me,
knowing that I do
and she leaves the room for lack of a response
and I wait a moment
and then the thought comes to me
that I am always doing this
that I am framing shots for footage
measuring feet for inches
inching towards a goal that is so distant it is featureless
and knowing I will never reach it
for I cannot jump high enough
and I ask myself why this pursuit of manufactured drama
why this theatricality that lends itself to the autonomous scripting of made for TV movies?
I will find an answer sitting at this desk
watching myself sitting on a windowsill
watching myself lay in bed
watching
and observing





and writing.

1 comment:

  1. Part we in friendship from your land,
    And, noble earl, receive my hand.
    My castles are my king's alone,
    From turret to foundation-stone.
    And not a moment will he bide,
    Till squire, or groom, before him ride;
    My path no more to cross-
    "Ah! dastard fool, to reason lost!"
    Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
    When first we practise to deceive!

    Ask me not what the maiden feels,
    Left in that dreadful hour alone:
    Perchance her reason stoops or reels;
    Perchance a courage not her own...

    ReplyDelete