As I sit on the edge of a bed that isn't mine
and at the end of a road oft traveled
looking towards the next fork
where I will pull the joystick right or left
to indicate where our hero goes next
I wonder if tragedy and heartbreak
and other fine ingredients of the written word
can be avoided
or is all of this necessary?
and if so,
part 2 of this question, if you will
how many times must I think I'm in love
then pretend I am
only to find that one or both of us is unhappy?
It's getting old rapidly.
no matter
no matter how hard I try to pretend that I'm hurting
this is something I always prepared for
even in my weakest moments
when I knew I was in love
when I was thinking marriage
house
family
foolishly
I knew in the back of my mind
that it would probably end
and badly
like it always does
but I kept on trucking until that day
and it came
ha.
Time to go out there again
same old story
lonely and single for several months
flirt like crazy
meet a pretty girl
charm her
fall madly in love
and then what?
Wait for her to get sick of me?
Wait for the novelty to wear off, so I can dump her before I cheat?
Wait for some random cosmic event to change the way she feels about love and emotions?
Wait for some other guy to charm her away, thus confirming my insecurities?
A waiting game,
what fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment