1.15.2009

On Villainy

I will stand at the gates of a hellish piece of property
owned by a vile wretch
Who sits at the top of a great tower
laughing at the fools below
he has relied on their charity
he has abused their willingness to forgive
and he has built this monument to himself
has paved its drive with the bones of the weak
its foundation is weak
but it is surrounded by a moat
deep and wide
full of some godless abominations
half alligator
half sea lion

Yes, I stand at the gates of his sprawling property, looking into the heart of evil
wanting to stop the wrongdoing
the victimization
of the innocent
I peer up at the tower where I know he sits, waiting
I curse the fact that I cannot vault this fence
that I have no way to cross the moat
I stare at him through the walls of his safe little fortress
I stare with more hatred than I have ever felt in my entire life
I concentrate my anger on this walking devil

and I wait.

Because this fence will grow weak with weather
and the seliogators will all die off
and the locks with weaken
and the foundation will shift
and when the moment comes when he is weakest
I will draw my sword

And I will not be alone...
Citizens and Knights and Royalty
who have felt this one's evil
will join me and lend their hands
their weapons
They will follow me as I rush towards his fortress.

I will stride towards his hiding place
I will ascend that tower,
And upon arriving in the upper room,
he will be waiting
he will breathe his last in denial of the things he has done
but I won't waste a single breath arguing it.

I will put all I have into my sword

and my vengeance will be realized.





I dream of someday meeting a villain
that I might play hero
for even a day

I have come close, I think
this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment