The Blind man is on a trip
maps aren't necessary
He is not lost.
He says he knows
understands
all that is and all that isn't
drawing the line in ball point
between existence and static
but vertical hold is lost, and
his brain is a blizzard! catharsis
comes to replace his lucidity, lcds
an endless wall of them
blaring static at uncomfortable volumes
a gray haze of noise in his mind
he is speaking
speaking in tongues
he is babbling nonsense.
he is babbling.
the world stopped turning, he says
he's reached the edge of all realities
his body slips into two dimensions
behind him, space
before him, all things
it doesn't make sense.
they laugh at him, jokes at his expense
drinks are poured
pipes filled
troubles swept away
all is right
and he, too, is happy
but then he stops
his eyes glaze over
like they have filled with tears
translucent marbles
the vastness within suddenly contained
trapped.
he has lost
everything
so close to nirvana
he feels it slipping away
a gravity greater than his own
tearing understanding from his lifeless hands
the noumenal observations proved too much
his system shut down
his brain is a blizzard
his mouth is running
off of his face
his skin slinks into a corner to curl up and die
his muscles tense and cramp
his blood chills
his will fades.
"Are you ok, man?"
"eric?"
"ERIC!"
eric.
heh. a name.
I don't mind it anymore.
let me go. I am an abstraction.
I have given up on you
I have given up on your reality.
three dimensions
not the three you are accustomed to
but three all the same
poles, and with them gravity
I will leave the legislator and the junkie behind
and seek higher ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment