12.15.2008

I'm looking forward to the day when I can comfortably say that I "Speak from Experience"

as time goes on
I find myself finding myself
in times of struggle I look for an outlet
and I find one more often than not
but the release I seek is never further than my own arm's reach
than the comfort of a keyboard
the white expanse of typepad
and I rediscover this every few months or so
after driving myself crazy
trying to find someone to fill a void
trying to feel whole in entirely vile ways
trying to comfort in community
in friendship
but finding that it's not enough
nothing will be enough unless I believe I am satisfied
and short of love
or the illusion thereof
this is all I have
but there is enough of it
enough of it to get me through the storm
to take me out of the woods, as they say
little do they know how accurate that is
how strongly those words resonate within a man who has seen his share of wintery hikes

love will come again

and I'll look back and laugh
because at that point
I'll have been there
done that
and then I'll look ahead
and know that I've planned for every contingency

and she'll stay
or she'll leave
and I'll be fine.

I speak from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment