12.03.2008

This is What a Scathing Review Sounds like when Being Burned in the Hands of it's Subject's Author

I walked along the tired streets
and kicked the stones with dirt-caked feet
I told the world that they'd be sorry
they ever crossed me
they never told me
this place would cash me out

like a check for past due rent
like a money order paid for with money half spent
A disgusting ode to the bad times ahead
the bad times I was wading through
I was waiting through
I was waiting it out
I was drowning them out
when they asked me to make change
I told them that this counterfeit fifty was all that I had

And I left
Hell Yes I Left!
Fuck them and their close mindedness
and I ran off to prove them wrong
and I walked in the rain
in the rain
and that chorus rings in my head now
as I approach the city limits
in bare feet
mud soaked jeans

I came back
of course I came back
and the sun dries the wet grass
and the heat fades into a brisk fall chill
and the fall robs the trees of their leaves
and we all freeze

winter coat on my shoulder
I am ready to feel wrong
I am ready to try and be right again

this place will help me do that.



you will burn what you can for heat
but when it's gone you will need more to burn
And you will go back to find it.

We thrive on conflict
We drink in criticism
We float through adversity
to generate human experience


WE

WILL

HAVE

LIVED

...


(EXPERIENCED)

No comments:

Post a Comment