6.19.2008

Shift

I sense a shift
a gaping rift
a change in elevation
I hear your voice
a tonal choice
illustrating lost elation
You're either hiding
a painful loss
or avoiding me
at any cost
but I can't afford to lose you
not like this

I peer behind me
at the story thus far
I see young love
and a bright future
supernova
and then collapse
supermassive
I have seen struggle
and success
love
and lust
honesty
and dishonesty
and then I look ahead
and I cannot find you
I look into your eyes
and they are clouded by concern
and apathy

I love you
I swear I do
but increasingly I wonder
what that means to you.

Come back to me.



you tell me that there's no difference between lust and love

and if that's the way you see it, fine

but pictures don't love you

and neither do fantasies

I love you




do you love me?

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment