6.21.2008

Settle

The ever moving sphere on which we stand is slowing
a declaration of deceleration that goes unnoticed
and when the world ends with a whisper
when the dead are raised
when everyone else has given up
piling in bunkers
praying to gods long since forgotten
I'll be staring into your eyes

I sense a pause
and know the cause
a dream that has unfolded
and of the past
I can at last
see a bigger picture
and as that polaroid develops
we'll shake it dry at night
and while the rest of them sit quiet in darkness
You will be my light
and we'll look at a picture of two people we know
laying down in late september
and I'll hold you close
with all of my love
and together, we'll remember

the inching close
the smiling silence
the awkward pause
and a kiss
a wild embrace
passion in lace
and a long weekend
and I missed you
but you came back

Emerald eyes
a quiet square
a fountain that seemed to freeze
we sat there
and I was anxious
but you always seemed at ease
and I begged you to let me walk with you
to drive you to target
to buy you lunch
to eat sushi at least 3 times a week
to let me call you mine

and after much thought
and hesitation
you turned to me

"Fine."


And here we are
the rest is history
and the end is fast approaching
often since I've had a sense that I've settled
not for anything sub par
but the idea that I've finally found someone to stay with
to love forever

Forever is coming.



The couple holds hands and stares at a sky that seems closer every instant. He looks at her with soft eyes and she returns his gaze lovingly. They embrace, and then face front again. They both take a deep breath and hold it, and look back to the falling stars.

FADE TO BLACK.

CREDITS.

No comments:

Post a Comment