The systems have rebooted
all systems go
all rights reversed
to the citizens below
the poverty line stretches
and snakes through the streets
And I stand to the side
scrawling notes on self defeat
"one must not give up
without fighting oneself
But in the same breath
must be careful to not do
permanent damage"
A beautifully worded
simplistic sentiment
wholly unoriginal
and completely useless
in context
fortunately I have removed it from it's element
Hello, God
It's Me, Jeff
Hello, World
It's Me, Death
Hello Revelations
it's Me, Pestilence
Hello Conservation
it's me, Decadence
And with rhyming non-sequitors
I choose to change subject
from self defeat to self repair
from apathy to passion
I will walk in circles for a month and reestablish
my sense of purpose
before returning to this place and embracing what it offers me
limitless possibility
People
Places
Things
And so the boot sequence leaves me at rolling green hills
that go on forever in every direction
and remind me
I am alone
But that never has to be a bad thing.
It's about time this concept caught on.
ReplyDelete