11.03.2008

A Foreman Shares His Thoughts at a Critical Juncture

trying
I've been trying
I've been focusing my energies
on creative projects
I'm trying to externalize
to construct a construct of insecurities
and raw emotion will be the framework
and confusion will be our inspiration
and the floor plan is just that

It's been working, for the most part
but the work piles up
as more jobs and papers
and requests for contract workers
fill my inbox
I can't keep up with all of these feelings
that clog my veins like rush hour traffic
and the drivers are frustrated
and honking will do nothing for them



trying
it's been trying
A long hard crawl out of that place
the snowy forest where my souls reside
and though my wounds have healed
what of my pride?
a shattered visage
(A favorite phrase to be sure)

And the buildings are all unfinished
and the skyline is incomplete
and the framework is rusting

I must keep working
so I climb to the top of the weakest tower
and over that megaphone
I will tell you about my struggles

Trying
I will be trying
despite trying times

And you will be here
you will be reading
and waiting to see
if I can re-inspire my many employees

or perhaps you're just waiting for me to fall off that scaffold.





doing
quite a difference
doing
undoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment