MESSAGE START
------------------------------------
This will be my final transmission
commence radio silence
the static that once bisected this sky
the words that sang out atonally
the codes that remain unbroken
spoken for reasons unclear
all
--------------stop------------------
now
it may seem insane
ill planned
selfish
heroic
it is none of these things
it is simply necessary
an evil deed
to prevent further evil
an act of violence
to prevent future bloodshed
-------------stop-------------------
Disinformation is necessary
I cannot tell you what i must do
only that it must happen
I've spent my entire deployment here
carefully infiltrating
laying mines
I have grown attached to the armies
that I must now betray
and it will kill me to do so
I am not expected to return
they are burning my records
I am being denied
my life turned into a lie
-------------Die------------------
And so this is goodbye
I wish i could stir your heart
I wish these words could mean more
I want to be profound
I want the final shot in this film to be so beautiful
that in a single frame it all becomes clear
You need to know why I'm doing this
you need to know that this is because I care
------------Stop------------------
I will hurt you
nay, wreck you
I will turn you inside out
I will turn my back and walk away
and I will be destroyed
but I will have freed you
I make a lousy friend, anyway
------------lie----------------------
don't hate me
I never meant for this
I simply have no alternative
a better man could suffer this
and he's the one who deserves you
you were good to me
and I was good right back
and for a time it was fine
but the wear of war has worn our souls
and they must be healed
we must resign
-------------
someday we'll meet
like strangers on the field
like soldiers new to battle
like old friends
like young lovers
and we may yet be close
but that time is not arrived
and unless I fade to black right now
we will never live to see it
---------------stop---------------
I'm going to be there soon
and maybe you'll get this in time
so that when I face you down and tell you goodbye
you can look at me with solemn eyes
with a gaze that speaks volumes in silence
(like you've been known to do)
maybe you'll even stifle the tears until I'm through
-----------not likely----------------
I'm doing this for you
I'm doing this for you
I'm doing this for you
----------no stop-----------------
I loved you harder than anyone else
more truly
more deeply
I loved you with sincerity I have not since known
and I still love you
I will always love you
you don't stop.
you don't.
but I've got to be going now
I have a date with the business ends
of the weapons of all your angry friends
and when the bullets run me through
I will smile and look at you
and
--------------stop------------------
END MESSAGE
the ending is my favorite part. 8)
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful
ReplyDelete