This time I'll do it
says the man in the window
hanging out
of the 30th floor
this time it's actually happening
he cries wolf too often
the wolves are coming for him now
the pedestrians casually pass him
the one looks up and dares him to do it
knowing he can't follow through
knowing that he'll come down and he'll come back to work
just like he always does
His legs tremble
the sweat is cold
he inches towards the edge
and just when you think he can't do it
he pulls out a gun
and shoots himself in the head
thinking
that will show them
that will show them
of course the metaphor wears thin
the suicide watch is certainly upon me by now
but this is not about death
this is about life
this is about shedding the parts of me that are weak
just like I often claim to do
I'll bury him in the forest with the others
the difference of course
is that this time
there isn't any of me left
I am a blank slate
primed with white acrylic
waiting for the light to shine on my subject
waiting for the proper moment to capture
I will paint a new me
It will be the culmination of all of my experiences
and that creature will wander this planet as a new creation
he will embrace all
he will take no prisoners
he will fear no man
he will have no shame
he will have no plan
I am new
improved
I am coming soon.
This will show them.
this will show them.
BANG. >[[[[[[[[[oooo**
.................... { ]\0\
......................... \o\
No comments:
Post a Comment