warm moon tonight
but I'm not feeling all too hot
The densest words could not describe
the creeping inner rot
the trees are bathed in light
but the shadows they don't fall
and if there were someone to end my troubles
I'm certain that they would miss my call
because I'm just
slowly spinning into the starlight
romantic though it sounds
the sooner I fall to my knees the better
the sooner I blackout the sooner I can calm down
I'm tired of this endless breakdown
I wish I could just be still
cause the moonlight's weak and fading
to make pace with my weaker will
Car crash tonight
hardly anyone alive
and my heart feels for every driver
every cop who will soon arrive
the intersection's crowded
and the people they're aloof
I'm just watching from a distance
drinking away the truth
and I ask:
Where are they now?
what has happened to them
the heroes of my past
have they gone and hung up their capes for good
have they tossed away their masks?
because I'm falling from the highest height
waiting for my heroine
but she's stuck between the panels
and I've thrown hope to the wind
Look up in the sky
neither bird nor plane but it flies
all of the hopeless citizens gaze in wonder
wondering if they'll survive
but I've grown tired of empty costumes
truth justice and the American way
so I'll just sit here in this alley
drinking my past away
because I'm
slowly spinning into the starlight
romantic though it sounds
the sooner I fall to my knees the better
the sooner I blackout the sooner I can calm down
I'm tired of this endless breakdown
I wish I could just be still
cause the moonlight's weak and fading
to make pace with my weaker will
Where are they now?
what has happened to them
the heroes of my past
have they gone and hung up their capes for good
have they tossed away their masks?
because I'm falling from a hard earned grace
and getting used to a darker place
the world used to hold such promise
but it's broken
it's broken
it's broken
and so am I
who will save us?
who will save us
noone man
no one, man
who will save us?
who will save us
Noone man
no one, man
Warm moon tonight
but I'm not feeling all that hot...
No comments:
Post a Comment