He finds himself looking back at the trail he's carved through the gentle wood with great guilt and longing. A split second decision that will forever shape the woods. He sought a clearing, a place to rest, a place to find solace, but in seeking it, destroyed the innocent beauty of this place.
They tell him all he has to do is wait
that this storm will pass
but storms do terrible things to the hearts of men
and the temples they have built to their own achievements
I see a man taking down words from a sign in front of a church.
the sign used to say "Christ is the Answer"
maybe he isn't so sure anymore
I bury myself in the sand and wait for the tide
drowning has never been my style
but it's fitting, is it not?
Time to cleanse
Time to heal
Rutger Hauer says it's
Time to Die
He's wrong, of course
and it's all out of context
but the origami unicorn tells me I don't have much time
But Deckard took the last train out, didn't he
didn't he
Cold sweats will season my evenings
seasonings will taste bland to a tired mouth
mouthing the words that have lost meaning
what is he so sorry for?
everything, it seems
he's always apologizing
always correcting himself
but he did no wrong, until now
and now he must invent a new word for apology
a new word for regret
Maybe I can help him
Alonesty
I am alone, now, I am without a friend
I am being honest now, to myself
as only one who is truly alone can be
And so
Alonesty \ə-ˈlōn-əs-tē\
Noun. 1. A state of honesty to oneself that can only be achieved when stripped of all social ties and masquerades. 2. An elevated sense of self resulting in a comatose state of introspective thought.
Feels good to get that written out
recorded
maybe this will help our hero
our villain, rather
Maybe when two roads diverge again
as they often have
He might be able to lay down his machete
and choose to make a real decision rather than hiding
All I want to do is run
I want to drive 17 hours home
and I want to cry but the tears won't come out
because I'm simultaneously the victim and the perp
Can't feel sorry for myself and no one will help me
and I can't help myself and no one feels sorry for me
And they shouldn't.
I don't expect them to.
All I expect is patience and understanding
all I hope is that someday I can come back here and see the woods regrown
that nature will heal itself
and even if the woods cannot bear my presence
I will know that the damage I have done has been negated
please God, please.
I hope that the man was simply adding punctuation to the sign...
Because I am out of options
and I am ready to repent.
What is it,
ReplyDeleteVanity?
That makes us transgress
boundaries
Faces launching
A thousand ships
Looking out for lovers
cast at sea
And there is nothing
alone
about drowning
Ophelia
we are all without air
I feel
fully alive
but I am
so very malicious
fighting fire with fire
Only the war has been
long since past
and I am tired
So slow
Hold me now
as the candles
fade to smoke
I'm collecting these into poems and I just want to make sure that this is noted as being a beautiful response.
Delete