11.06.2010

The Ghost

I woke up today and expected rain.


empty room, empty phonebook entry
a blurry image in my head
vague memories, a few music cues

They're all I have left.

It was sudden, but not so sudden that I couldn't have prepared
and yet I didn't. 
I chose to be floored by it, as though my outrage alone could have soften the blow
but I bled, and I bled for a long while.

and you would have expected it, too! 
reopening a fresh wound like he did
but I never saw it like this
never with the gaps between friends in photos
never with the white out

so now it's just silence
and the outrage has passed
but the bombed-out bridges will never serve him again
he is a mirage in the distance
in the city I called my own
an implied presence in a place I no longer understand.
he is intangible.
unreachable.

and he haunts me every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment