You can call this one a cloud
I liken it to cloud city
I'm hanging off the bottom
praying for Han Solo
because I refuse to be grounded
like so many unruly teenagers
Not a brick, though thick as one
and the flautist stands on one leg
' Spitting out pieces of his broken luck'
Have you ever even SEEN clouds?
Like, really seen them up close?
I was 39,000 feet above my problems yesterday
I've seen clouds.
It was like skiing in Ontario
endless moguls
sans suit and tie
the valleys full of fine white powder
but this was lighter
had to be lighter than air
A desert plain
a beautiful vista
nothing but sun above
and as we dipped down below the surface
it was like diving into a sewer,
I shit you not.
Here's the thing about clouds:
they're just vapor
everything that cloud is has come from the earth below it
and yet clouds have always been so heavenly
what does that say about us?
I've seen some pretty dark stuff
but I know we're all just in flux
like the water
waiting to evaporate
No comments:
Post a Comment