10.19.2009

ESC

Escape
It's always escape with you
whenever I see you
you're in motion
afraid that standing still is a white flag waving
so you run

What for and what from?
you live a charmed life
you are better off than most
and yet you're running from something

I sometimes catch you for a second
as you blaze by
we have these moments
these connections now and then
I remember one time
you likened yourself to Orson Welles
I found that slightly overconfident
and a bit pretentious
but then I considered Kane
and it all made sense

" All I want is for someone to love me
have someone to care for
so I can forget all of this "

When we're running from something
where do we go?
we can't run anywhere
because anywhere is somewhere
full of something
and something is exactly what you're afraid of
where can we go?

Nowhere
because nowhere is full of nothing
and nothing is what you really need
nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment