10.28.2009

We're All Cameramen.

I think I'm meant to die of cancer
to fall ill and be taken away from the people I love
and placed in the care of some cold sterile hospice worker
under the pleasant and soft white lights of intensive care
I think I'm meant to peer forward from here
down the tracks
and place my ear to the ground and say
"Yup, we're doomed."
I think I'm meant to curse the ground I walk upon in a brand new language
words that I've crafted to describe how
incredibly,
undeniably
fucking shitty everything is.
I'm meant to watch late night informercials, high out of my mind
holding the receiver of the phone up to my empty head
because operators ARE standing by!
And the dial tone starts sputtering
it's never going to make it
it's meant to die, too

I think I'm meant to tell you this
you're meant to hear this
to read this
to stumble upon this note

I was plucked from chaos
or dropped by a stork
or sent by some heavenly mother or father
and I landed on this purpose
to deliver the messages that claw at this vessel
from this inside out

So what if we're meant to die?
every one of us is experiencing the world
differently
have you ever really considered how totally
absolutely
fucking wonderful that is?

We're all cameras framing the most remarkable scenes
but someone forgot to load the tape
to cue the track

so do it live
broadcast your truths
your angle
it is your responsibility as a human
to tell your story to the world

No comments:

Post a Comment