1.09.2010

I Avoid Murdering People Every Day, Part 3

and as the train rerails itself
I'm left in this odd state

"So that's it, eh?"
I guess it is.
But it doesn't FEEL over

That ever-elusive concept of closure
the book shutting and the credits rolling
and tying it up in a bow
and tossing it into a fire

Nothing's changed
I still see you and her and what's happening
(Trains and Rails and Cows and Tragedy)
or what I think is going to happen, i guess I could be
(Content)
wrong,
but it doesn't matter, it doesn't hurt

it just feels left of normal
like I woke up and my room was turned clockwise
like my blue denim pants were all suddenly green
it's just this weird dream
and I'm living it

I avoid murdering people every day
usually long enough to discover that they aren't worth the effort
and will murder themselves
or thrive
time tells all
time tells all

No comments:

Post a Comment