10.31.2008

An unstoppable force and an immovable object walk into a bar...

I stand against the monolith
of great height and greater width
and I press with all my might

I seek response
if not collapse
I want to feel as though my actions are felt

it echoes I'm sorry
and sounds its concern
and I still seek its approval

The monolith will give to a greater force

I feel small.


I cannot change the things I cannot change
the winds of fate blow in odd directions
and at inconvenient times

If someday I come across this obstruction
toppled over and made tame
I will say "Good Riddance."

Until that time I loathe the conditions
that prove it stationary
and will seek in vain a way to end it

I will stand in its shade
though it chills me at night
for the cooling effects it has in the afternoon

And eventually I'll stop pushing it


"Time heals nothing"
is written on the base
but time can help one to forget

I hope to eventually forget why I am doing this.

I hope.


Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment