It's wrong because we heard it is
he's right because we know he is
long held belief
a sturdy faith
that's what makes this country great
ticker spits out hashtags now
violent adjectives
like that one
wring your hands until they're raw
cover your eyes, rub your jaw
do the things you're supposed to do
when confronted
"Well, I Never"
but you did, didn't you
no one will admit
you did this, you fell for it
right into that pit
and not just the ones you picture
reading the lines above
talking about the idle ones
the bleeding hearts you love
and how can I remain absolved?
sitting on the sidelines
writing letters to myself
in the margins
not paying attention to the lecture
it doesn't matter what you can prove
belief will carry you through
that can help, can be a salve
but we're losing touch
they're gaining ground
who you ask
they couldn't say
"I just wish they'd go away
screaming back and forth all day
won't solve nothing, anyway"
He's wrong because we heard he is
I'm right because my friends say so
the clever funny man on TV told me
I laughed and laughed
but didn't do anything
No comments:
Post a Comment