The wind is pulled out through my screened off window
like a hand gripping my door handle
and it rattles within its frame
like a caged rodent
and as this happens behind me I am struck with a thought
square on the back of my head
and I bleed understanding
and I lose consciousness
I am being pulled out from under myself
shocked when I stand atop a bare table
sharing the space with expensive china and wine glasses
and the magician smiles
Ta DA!
I've lost my head again
perhaps it's something I'm doing to myself
hiding my upper brain functions so that they can't become self aware
keeping knowledge of who I am from me
meta-this and meta-that
met a girl, she's lovely
met a man, he taught me
was met with a fork in the road
and met this decision with great concern-
and then it's gone again
I keep shying away
I'm not ready to face these things
enough about me
let's talk about who I wish I was
who I hope i'm not
who I think you are
who you think I am
who cares about what I think, really?
not the me that lives here
truth is like a leaky faucet
that will never turn on
and although occasionally parts of me are visible
the veil of illusion separates us
why do I do this?
and it's gone again
I toss the thoughts away before I have them
I mail them to some future instances of myself
and the door jostles the door frame loose
and the wind whips up the thousand scraps of paper on which I write these sentiments
and the bolts are stripped
and the trusses give way
and the ceiling collapses
and I'm falling like I always do at the end of this nightmare
and I keep falling until I wake up
it feels like hours
falling faster than I can imagine
and my heart is pounding
and the wind is whipping
(paper clouds)
and for a moment the most intense fear I have ever known grips my heart
what If I'm not dreaming?
what if one day I don't wake up?
and I hit the ground
and I have to deal with the fact that gravity catches up with all things
even aimless pilots
with parachutes
I hope to god that some day before then I figure it out.
because I'm getting very close to the ground.
I shut my window.
and I go to sleep.
like a hand gripping my door handle
and it rattles within its frame
like a caged rodent
and as this happens behind me I am struck with a thought
square on the back of my head
and I bleed understanding
and I lose consciousness
I am being pulled out from under myself
shocked when I stand atop a bare table
sharing the space with expensive china and wine glasses
and the magician smiles
Ta DA!
I've lost my head again
perhaps it's something I'm doing to myself
hiding my upper brain functions so that they can't become self aware
keeping knowledge of who I am from me
meta-this and meta-that
met a girl, she's lovely
met a man, he taught me
was met with a fork in the road
and met this decision with great concern-
and then it's gone again
I keep shying away
I'm not ready to face these things
enough about me
let's talk about who I wish I was
who I hope i'm not
who I think you are
who you think I am
who cares about what I think, really?
not the me that lives here
truth is like a leaky faucet
that will never turn on
and although occasionally parts of me are visible
the veil of illusion separates us
why do I do this?
and it's gone again
I toss the thoughts away before I have them
I mail them to some future instances of myself
and the door jostles the door frame loose
and the wind whips up the thousand scraps of paper on which I write these sentiments
and the bolts are stripped
and the trusses give way
and the ceiling collapses
and I'm falling like I always do at the end of this nightmare
and I keep falling until I wake up
it feels like hours
falling faster than I can imagine
and my heart is pounding
and the wind is whipping
(paper clouds)
and for a moment the most intense fear I have ever known grips my heart
what If I'm not dreaming?
what if one day I don't wake up?
and I hit the ground
and I have to deal with the fact that gravity catches up with all things
even aimless pilots
with parachutes
I hope to god that some day before then I figure it out.
because I'm getting very close to the ground.
I shut my window.
and I go to sleep.
Powered by ScribeFire.
No comments:
Post a Comment