11.09.2006

Desperation, as viewed from two points.

1

Boxed wine and discount beer
bloodshot eyes and bleeding ears
drooling masses kickin asses
food stamps for your family and
a fifty for your carton of cigarettes
A temporary fix for your hopelessness
that'll be 48.97 plus tax, no, you can't use that coupon
No, I won't call the manager
No, it doesn't mean it's free,
yes those are samples but please only take one,
you can't return opened soda, you can't return an open box of condoms here
I know, I understand you've had a rough night, Please leave, and take your bacardi musk with you
Why do I still work here, Why do i still live here?
Why, is this my purpose? To deal with stupidity, night and day?
Why? What? How, Who?
next in line NEXT IN LINE Yes, you in the trenchcoat, You!

2


Violence is the answer
what is the question?

"Nobody Move! On The Floor!"

Where is the money going, really?
In your coat, sure
Down the street, right
In the glovebox, Naturally
Out of state, Of Course
But who is it for?
Your girlfriend, your kid?
Your lover?
Your terminal mom? Your runaway father?
All excuses, your family is gone.
Your motives are clear beneath this hazy guise
An addict is an addict no matter how hard he tries
Shut up!

"Shut Up!"

I can do this, I can take this money
I can spend it to get better
I can use this for "good"
I can clean up my life
I can make good decisions
"I" can "l"ive "l"ife in prison
I can't give up now
I can't turn back
I can't fix this
I can't save myself
I can't "kill" the clerk
I can't kill the drunk
I can't kill the lady behind me with the four gallons of skim milk.
I can't kill "you."
But I can't put this gun down, can I?

Violence is the answer
What is the question?
"Why" am I here? What, is this my purpose?
The question is "how will I deal" with my adversities
The question is what will I do to "get my life back"
The question "is what will" be the end of me

The question is one of will.
The will
to live
or to
cease.

"He's got a gun!"

"Don't Move"

"Ohmigod!"

"Get on the floor!"

"HELP!"

"Shut Up!"

...

"Good."

"Call the cops!"

"I'LL KILL YOU."

...

"why?"

"Why... Why what?"

"Why am I... Oh god... How will I... I can't Deal with..."

"Calm down, bro..."

"I just want my life back... But what? What will I do?"

"What are you talking about?"

Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment