11.26.2006

Register Tape on my Floor:

Violent imagery calls for audience empathy
watch a wall torn down
a reservoir emptied
a bank account drained
A wallet kidnapped
A weed uprooted
a tree is sapped
and tears fall not
for these common things
and yet what pain and sadness
the death of one of ours brings!
ah yes, ah yes.
I am afraid, then, that i have wandered
into the realm of my own undoing
I can, at this moment
feel the tides of rocks and sand
as they cover my ankles, shackling me
to what, on the onset, looks like a timely and efficient death
This is not so! cry the angels from my wristwatch
for time and its wheel have more in store for me
and with that, the wet blanket of eternity squelches my heroes' flame
For I am a sacrifice in the name of morality
a man who holds his beliefs tightly in clenched fists
but most of all I am a necessary evil in a world of many unnecessary ones
Gasp.


=

Pictures frame our memories
suggestions of moments of glories past
fleeting happiness and faded triumph
only representations of the ultimate truths we hold in our hearts
if each could speak its thousand words
and one could dictate them all precisely
then perhaps we would know what it is
that makes some men content
and others so restless.

=

The joys of pursuit
are immense
but more joyous still
is catching that which you long for
and discovering that the thrill of the chase was just the beginning.


=


Ship shape?
I tend to think that a man with sea legs
could outrun a hyena on a cold day
and yet still
I find sailors quite bothersome
who needs a man of the sea in a landlocked place such as this?
his mystique means nothing when confronted with reality.
don't fall for his charm and extensive vocabulary.
all he's saying is "left" and "right" in so many words!
ha.
another drink, barkeep.
and send one to the lady with the navy friend
tell her I said,
"Land Ho!"

=

sleepy, sleepy, oh so
HADOKEN!

yeah. you didn't see that coming.

=

wow. did I seriously just type that?

No comments:

Post a Comment